This week, an ambitious survey revealed that Arizona voters across the political spectrum trust that elections are fair, secure, and accurate.
Nevertheless, 10 candidates are running campaigns centered around the myth that the 2020 election was "stolen":
- Kari Lake, candidate for Governor
- Mark Finchem, candidate for Secretary of State
- Blake Masters, candidate for U.S. Senate
- U.S. Rep. David Schweikert
- Eli Crane, candidate for Congress
- Jeff Zink, candidate for Congress
- U.S. Rep. Andy Biggs
- U.S. Rep. Debbie Lesko
- U.S. Rep. Paul Gosar
- Abe Hamadeh, candidate for Attorney General
USA Today just put out a full roundup of these candidates' actions.
Some stunning examples: Kari Lake has said that Christian nationalist rioters at the Jan. 6th riot shouldn’t have been jailed, and that she would have decertified the 2020 Presidential election results.
In 2020, Mark Finchem said about overturning the election: “You haven't seen nothing yet. Because when Satan wants to extinguish a light, he will stop at nothing.” Since then, he’s promised to do away with vote-by-mail—among other implementing other restrictions.
We’ve got an important candidate forum Secretary of State next Wednesday 10/12 at 6pm. If you care about free and fair elections, you’ll want to be there to learn more about the race and what’s at stake.