Hello Secular Supporter,
This week, Politico shared an apparent leaked draft opinion showing that the Supreme Court may overturn Roe v. Wade.
To be clear, this is a leaked draft opinion, not a final order. Abortion is still legal and clinics are open.
But if final, this scenario would allow states to ban abortion entirely.
Arizona is poised to be one of those states. So what should we prepare for if this happens? And what is the most effective way to organize to protect reproductive access?
We held a Q&A with expert Julie Gunnigle to field these questions and more. The entire program is available to watch now. We invite you to watch and share it with your network.
Once you’re caught up, here are some actions you can take immediately:
- Donate at fundabortionAZ.com to abortion funds to help abortion seekers
- Support Keep Our Clinics, a network of community providers who provide the majority of abortion care in the US
- Share the M+A Hotline, a confidential, private, and secure phone and text hotline for people in need of support for self-managed miscarriage or abortion.
- Share ReproLegalHelpline.org—844-868-2812—, a free, confidential source for legal advice. on self-managed abortion.
- Share INeedAnA.com, where you can find vetted, current, personalized abortion info
- Support and share Practical Support Organizations (PSO's), which help abortion seekers with travel and logistical support
Abortion clinics and funds are open and ready to support patients in every state. To find a clinic in the US, go to www.ineedana.com. If you need help funding an abortion, go to www.abortionfunds.org.
No matter our race or income, our background or beliefs, we all want the freedom to decide whether and when to grow our families. Let’s fight for it.
Executive Director, Secular AZ